Being active is key to maintaining a healthy life style and is truly quite simple to do. Even though it may be tough for us to take 30 minutes to an hour out of our busy day to work out, there is always a way to make time. Unfortunately, for most of us this free time won’t just magically appear, we have to work hard to arrange for a free slot in our day to exercise, but it is up to US to make it happen; putting it off until tomorrow or complaining we’re too busy to workout isn’t helping us at all. In order to remain fit, we don’t need any fancy equipment or any special gear, just an optimistic attitude and a pair of sneakers will get the job done.
Here are some quick and simple workout suggestions that should easily fit into your tight schedule
- Stairs! Stairs are always an intense workout and are extremely easy to locate. If it is a beautiful day outside you can treat yourself to running stairs at a local park or school bleachers, but if the weather isn’t fit for outdoor activities, it is just as easy to run up the stairs at an apartment building. Just jog up and down them, or if that’s too hard you can walk, and you will receive an extremely beneficial cardio workout.
- Go for a run around the neighborhood or pick a unique destination, such as the beach, a park, or a lake. If you choose to jog to a specific location, try to get there early enough to enjoy the sunrise and start off your day with a magnificent view and great run.
- Do you remember way back in elementary school when our teachers forced us to do those things called jumping jacks? Well believe it or not, if preformed correctly, that simple activity can actually be a helpful tool in keeping your body fit. When doing this exercise, don’t forget to stay in rhythm and fully extend your arms over your head, making sure that your elbows are barely bent.
- Jump rope is also an exceptionally constructive exercise for your body. It improves your cardiovascular fitness which will increase muscle tone and help you become less breathless during workouts. Try to start off by hopping between swings, but as you become more in shape, eliminate that extra hop and continue at a rapid pace. Each day record how many times you are able to consecutively jump without messing up and miraculously watch as those numbers tremendously improve as the weeks go by.
- If you’re looking for a workout that doesn’t require you to leave the comfort of your home, squats are a wonderful exercise that really help define your quads while at the same time cleansing your body. They boost the pumping of body fluids which aids in the removal of waste and the delivery of nutrition to all tissues. Start out by doing 3 sets of 6 and as they become easier for you, add to the number of squats you do per set. When you go down, be sure your body looks like it is sitting in a chair; somebody should be able to place a book on your lap without if falling.